Windows is a proprietary, expensive, slow and crutch-based shit from the 1980s with no normal security and a lot of viruses.
Microsoft does not care about users and only make Windows for the sake of making money that companies and too rich users give them.
Your Windows computer doesn't belong to you.
Your Windows computer is owned by a corporation.
Telemetry and tracking that cannot be disabled normally.
Windows updates that cannot be turned off.
Termination of support for old Windows and then constant attempts to force users to transplant to new versions.
A huge number of viruses that appear due to the fact that Windows was originally made poorly.
And crutches in the form of antiviruses that devour a bunch of computer resources and do not always cope with threats.
The register which is an outdated and vulnerable way of storing system configurations.
Snail speed of work and system loading.
On this antediluvian piece of shit, Microsoft from year to year pulls a beautiful UI, while hammering on everything else (hello Windows 11).
And that's not all...
- The proprietary file system is not case sensitive and is normally only supported on Windows.
- Blue screens of death do not provide detailed information for effective problem solving.
- Crutch sound system.
- No normal customization of the GUI and anything else.
- No normal security because of which antiviruses are required which devour a bunch of resources.
- There is no normal standard for packages and repositories, which is why you have to go somewhere on the Internet while trying not to catch viruses.
- No normal terminal.
- Old WinAPI due to which it is impossible to write programs normally for Windows.
- Poor OpenGL performance.
- The closeness of the system due to which you have to make crutches like anti-cheats in the form of drivers.
- A bunch of incomprehensible processes that are running in the background, it is not clear why.
- Crutches in the form of a task scheduler that does not work normally.
- New updates are not tested normally, which is why there are always some problems.
- Disgusting patches for vulnerabilities like Meltdown and Spectre.
- A system for finding and fixing errors that never helps, and sometimes spoils the system.
- There is no proper dependency management system for programs, which makes programs more and more overweight.
- Incomprehensible solutions (for example, mouse acceleration and constantly growing in size AppData) that no one fixes.
- Permanently grinding GRUB and other bootloaders into the Windows bootloader.
- Crutch support for high resolution monitors.
- Vulnerabilities are everywhere, both in the kernel and in user space.
What is the alternative?
There are many alternatives (Linux, FreeBSD and many others).
We will not talk about macOS due to the fact that this site was created by Linux users.
Linux is a free / libre open source kernel around which distributions from various projects like Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, Arch, Mint and many others are built.
First we advise you to try Linux Mint or KDE Neon.
Haiku OS is a free operating system for personal computers, the first version of which aims for binary compatibility with the BeOS operating system.
This text will still be supplemented...